The clay works by Roy Overcast of Brentwood, Tennessee are made of earthenware or stoneware clay.
Each piece is totally designed and executed with the spirit of mind and skill of the hand.
‣ The Shop at Belle Meade Plantation - Nashville, TN
Roy got into pottery because he thought it looked easy. An art student at MTSU, he happened upon other art students in a pottery studio and told himself it would be a piece of cake.
‣ Sam Davis Home & Museum - Smyrna, TN
The works of Roy Overcast may be found at the following locations:
Roy chose clay to express himself because of its spontaneity, sculptural and utilitarian aspects. The use of the potter's wheel and hand-building techniques are used in the productions of his forms since 1970.
‣ Cannonsburgh Village - Murfreesboro, TN
‣ The Clay Lady's Studio Artist Co-op & Gallery - Nashville, TN
‣ Historic Travellers Rest Plantation & Museum - Nashville, TN
A bit of history on Roy Overcast.
‣ Bliss Yarns, Brentwood, TN.
All glazes used are food, dishwasher and oven save.
Where you can meet Roy Overcast.
615-377-6358 - Brentwood, Tennessee
‣ Oaklands Historic House Museum - Murfreesboro, TN
2018 Tennessee Crafts Fair
May 4-6, 2018
Centennial Park, Nashville, Tn.